WHAT IS SHARED HOSTING ?
When the time comes to choose where to host your website you’re going to have a ton of options at your mind. Beyond deciding which company to host with, you’ll also have to decide what kind of hosting package suits you best. also need to know WHAT IS SHARED HOSTING ?
Shared hosting is one of the most popular hosting options for those who are building out their first websites. But, what is shared hosting ?, which package should you use? And does it make sense for your website?
What is Shared Hosting ?
WHAT IS SHARED HOSTING ? Shared hosting is easily the cheapest and most economical option for your needs. However, the cheap price comes with limitations, which we’ll get to below. Since most hosting companies will offer the same amount of space and storage it’s important to choose a company you can trust
Shared hosting allows multiple websites to utilize a single server. Usually, you’ll have no idea what websites you’re sharing the resources of a server with. Each customer will usually have a limit on the total amount of server resources they can use, but this will be defined by your hosting package.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- It’s by far the cheapest hosting option you’re going to have available. The usual price for this style of hosting will range from $2.99-$9.99.
- Most hosting companies have multiple levels of hosting available, so you can upgrade your hosting package with time. This makes shared hosting a great place to start.
- Shared hosting usually comes equipped with a built-in cPanel, which makes it easy to manage your site.
- No technical maintenance needs to be done on your end to the server, as this is usually included in part of your hosting package.
Put simply, shared hosting can be a great option for website owners with a small budget, or those just getting started online. You can anytime upgrade your package whenever you want or your budget allows.
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
- The load time can be a lot slow.
- The server can become overburdened by other sites that are sharing the server.
- As your site begins to receive higher levels of traffic you’ll begin to notice that your site may begin to perform much worse.
- You never know who your neighbors are; it is possible for other sites on the server to pose a risk to your own site.
For most people just getting started online the advantages of shared hosting will greatly outweigh the disadvantages, especially if you’re trying to get a site up and running as quickly as possible and have little tech skills. It’s also important to note that a responsible web host will let you know when your traffic hits a level that it’s time to upgrade, and will monitor and shut down any sites that pose a risk to the others on the server.
Alternatives to Shared Hosting
There aren’t any specific alternatives to a shared hosting plan. There are upgrades, but no alternatives that are as cheap as shared hosting.
The alternatives to shared hosting include WordPress dedicated hosting, running a VPS, and other semi-dedicated hosting options. Shared hosting is a great choice for beginning website users whose sites don’t receive a lot of traffic.
OUR PACKAGES FOR SHARED HOSTING
December 19, 2018
December 17, 2018
October 20, 2018